Tarrytown Lighthouse, New York
Many changes occurred during the 20th century as nine keepers and their families succeeded Ackerman. During the 1940’s the outhouse hanging over the Hudson was removed as a bathroom was installed up on the third floor. The old coal furnace was replaced with a forced air heating system, and finally in 1947 a cable with electricity was run out to the tower.
- No Comments