Fort Point Lighthouse, California
The Army constructed Fort Winfield Scott on the land the lighthouse formerly occupied. In 1855 the second Fort Point Light tower was constructed on a narrow ledge between the fort and the Bay. The light was a wooden 4 sided truncated tower which stood 36 feet high. A Fifth Order Fresnel lens was installed in the lantern which exhibited a white fixed light.