Penfield Reef Lighthouse
The first floor of the structure was masonry, while the second floor was constructed of timber. The first floor contained the kitchen, a sitting room and an oil room. The second floor consisted of four bedrooms. The lantern housed a flashing 4th Order Fresnel lens exhibiting a red light 51 feet above sea level. The light went into service on January 16, 1874.