Cape Neddick (the Nubble) Light, Maine
A boathouse was added to the station in 1888. The original fog signal used was a bell suspended in an open wooden tower. This was replaced in 1911 by an enclosed pyramidal tower similar to many on the Maine coast. The fog bell tower survived until it was torn down by the Coast Guard in 1961. The red oil house building was erected in 1902.
- No Comments