Dyce Head Lighthouse, Maine
Castine was also occupied by the British during the War of 1812. It was used as an outpost and resupply center. In 1815 after the War, the British took with them the tariff monies they had collected while at Castine and used it towards the establishment of Dalhousie University, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- No Comments