Egg Rock Lighthouse, Maine
In 1900 the Keeper’s dwelling was modified and a second story was added to the structure to provide housing for an Assistant Keeper and his family. In October 1901 the lens was upgraded to a 4th Order flashing lens. However, the new lens proved problematic as the rotating mechanism broke down continually causing cracks in the lens.
- No Comments