Fort Point Lighthouse, Maine
In 1836 the Fort Point Light Station was established on the west bank of the entrance to the Penobscot River. Located at the end of a peninsula in Stockton Springs, the light along with the lights at Eagle Island and Dice Head in Castine aided increased marine traffic to Bangor. During the mid-1800's Bangor was the busiest lumber port in the world.Read More
4 / 24
The light source was changed to a 4th Order Fresnel lens 88 feet above sea level which could be seen for 10 miles. The lens was procured from the Henry LePaute Co. in Paris, France.
- No Comments