Fort Point Lighthouse, Maine
In 1836 the Fort Point Light Station was established on the west bank of the entrance to the Penobscot River. Located at the end of a peninsula in Stockton Springs, the light along with the lights at Eagle Island and Dice Head in Castine aided increased marine traffic to Bangor. During the mid-1800's Bangor was the busiest lumber port in the world.Read More
11 / 24
When the 1857 tower was built a 1 1/2 story colonial cape Keepers house was also constructed. This is the dwelling which remains today.
- No Comments