Goat Island Lighthouse, Maine
A tower 20 feet high in the form of a cone with a 16 foot base narrowing to 9 feet at the top was built of split undressed stone and completed in August of 1833. A stone dwelling for the keeper was also erected at this time. John Lord of Kennebunk lit the whale oil lamps in the tower and for the first time projected a beacon for Cape Porpoise Harbor.
- No Comments