Great Duck Island Lighthouse, Maine
A 42 foot cylindrical tower of brick with an octagonal lantern was completed by late fall. A flashing 5th Order Fresnel lens was installed in the lantern and was lit on December 31, 1890. The characteristic was a red light which flashed every 10 seconds displayed 67 feet above sea level. The tower was painted white in 1900. An oil house was added to the station in 1901. In 1902 a 4th Order lens was installed to provide a more powerful signal.
- No Comments