Little River Lighthouse, Maine
Located up in the “Bold Coast’ region of downeast Maine, the Little River is the last harbor of refuge in the United States before sailing northward into Canadian waters. A Light House Service inspection report prepared in 1842 recommended a light station to be built on the 16 acre Little River Island at the entrance to Cutler Harbor. The purpose of the light was to identify the safe anchorage at Cutler from nearby false harbors.Read More
5 / 29
In 1855 the lanterns oil lamps and reflectors were replaced by a 5th Order Fresnel lens.
- No Comments