Marshall Point Lighthouse, Maine
In the early 1800’s midcoast Maine’s St. George peninsula was busy with activity. Quarries, fishing and lumber were major industries of the area. At the southern part of the peninsula, which divides Muscongus Bay and Penobscot Bay, lies the village of Port Clyde. Port Clyde also serves as the entrance to the St. George River which led to the bustling shipbuilding center of Thomaston.Read More
13 / 29
The Keepers house was badly damaged when it was struck by lightning in 1895. The Skinner’s moved into the workshop building until a new Colonial Revival Keeper’s house was completed in 1896. This is the same residence currently at Marshall Point.
- No Comments