Marshall Point Lighthouse, Maine
In 1935 an electric light was installed in the tower replacing the kerosene lamp. The oil lamp was used as a backup in case of electrical failure. When the Coast Guard took over the Lighthouse Service in 1939 Charles Allen was serving as the Keeper at Marshall Point. He elected to transfer and became the first Coast Guard Keeper at Marshall Point. Allen continued to serve as Keeper until 1946.
- No Comments