Monhegan Island Lighthouse, Maine
**A view of the Keepers House** Parris drew up plans for a 47 foot tower of granite blocks 18 feet wide at the base and 14 feet wide at the lantern. $6,000 was appropriated for the demolition of the old tower and the construction of the new Monhegan Island Light in 1850. The old illuminating apparatus was moved to the new tower and was lit by Keeper James Wallace.
- No Comments