Portland Breakwater Lighthouse, Maine
In 1889 a two room building for the Keeper was attached to the tower. Over the next 10 years 2 more rooms and an attic were added to comprise a Keepers House where Keepers lived with their families. The strange looking structure overhung the breakwater. The keeper no longer had to venture out along the breakwater to tend the light. In 1935 the lighthouse was electrified, the keepers house was removed and control of the light was transferred to the Keepers of the nearby Spring Point Ledge Light.
- No Comments