Portland Breakwater Lighthouse, Maine
An extension of the breakwater was begun in 1872 and was finished in 1873. At this time a temporary light was hung on the end of the breakwater on a pole. In 1874 monies were appropriated to replace the decayed wooden light with a new iron tower to be located on the breakwaters end. The original tower was removed to the Lighthouse Depot located on Little Diamond Island.
- No Comments