Portland Breakwater Lighthouse, Maine
The first Portland Breakwater Light was built in 1855. The light was an octagonal wooden tower which housed a lantern with a sixth order Fresnel lens which produced a fixed red light. The home of the Keeper was on the mainland and this required the Keeper to row out to the light at morning and night to maintain the light.
- No Comments