Robinson Point Lighthouse on Isle Au Haut, Maine
The Robinson Point Lighthouse is located on a western point of Isle au Haut marking the entrance to the Isle au Haut Thorofare. The island was named by Samuel de Champlain in the 1600's and means "High Island" with hills over 500 feet tall. The island can be visited by mail boat ferry from Stonington.Read More
1 / 17
The lighthouse was requested as a beacon for fisherman at the turn of the 20th century. The point where it is built leads into a shelter between Isle au Haut and Kimball Island where boats can find refuge during a storm.