Ned's Point Lighthouse, Massachusetts
In March 1837 Congress appropriated a sum of $5,000 for the building of a light station on Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts. Barnabas Hiller sold a four acre plot of land known as “Ned’s Point” at the entrance of a commodious harbor for $240 to the Federal government. The land received its name from a former owner, farmer Edwin “Ned” Dexter.
- No Comments