Palmer Island Lighthouse, Massachusetts
To aid commerce entering the Acushnet River en route to New Bedford harbor, the Lighthouse Establishment erected a 24 foot conical rubblestone tower with a white lantern on the northern tip of Palmer Island. The tower was designed and completed by architect Charles M. Pierce. It was first lighted by Keeper William Sherman on August 30, 1849.
- No Comments