Plum Island Lighthouse, Massachusetts
In 1786 a storm destroyed the two lighthouses built at the northern end of Plum Island. The merchants of Newburyport petitioned the General Court of Massachusetts to rebuild the lighthouses at the government’s expense. The General Court responded by passing an act to have the lights rebuilt at a cost not to exceed £300.
- No Comments