Scituate Lighthouse, Massachusetts
In 1810 Congress appropriated $4,000 to build a lighthouse on Cedar Point at the entrance to Scituate Harbor. Three builders from nearby Hingham were contracted to construct a 25 foot octagonal tower made from granite. They also completed a 1½ story Keeper’s dwelling, an oil vault and a well. Their work was completed 2 months ahead of the contract schedule. The tower was the 11th lighthouse built in the United States.