Wings Neck Lighthouse, Massachusetts
Many changes came to Wings Neck Light in 1914. The lantern lamp illuminant was changed from oil to an IOV lamp to increase the lights intensity. In July the Cape Cod Canal was opened and Wings Neck became a leading light to its entrance. The wife of the Keeper Wallace Eldredge served as a lookout reporting the arrival of ships by telephone to the Canal’s office.
- No Comments