Wings Neck Lighthouse, Massachusetts
In 1856 the lantern’s oil lamps and reflectors were replaced with a 4th Order Fresnel lens. Over time the weight of the lantern and tower caused damage to the roof of the dwelling. A fire in the dwelling in 1878 caused further damage but repairs were made that allowed the lighthouse to serve until 1890.
- No Comments