Swallowtail Lighthouse, Grand Manan
Keeper Jonathon Kent retired in 1873 and was replaced by his son, John W. Kent. John received several commendations from the Department of Marine and was praised for keeping the station ‘in first class condition’. In 1907 a Chance Bros. 4th Order Fresnel lens was installed in the lantern along with a vapor lamp. The light was changed from a fixed light to an occulting light. In 1914 a wooden fog bell tower was added to the station.