East Point Lighthouse, New Jersey
The lighthouse was darkened at the outbreak of World War II and the last custodian moved out. The property was transferred to the State of NJ Division of Fish, Game, and Wildlife in 1956. They wanted the property for coastline access and were not concerned with the preservation of the lighthouse. It was boarded up and left to the elements and vandals.
- No Comments