Hereford Inlet Lighthouse, North Wildwood, New Jersey
In 1913 a summer storm undermined the northeast side of the lighthouse foundation resulting in the tower listing 5 degrees. The Lighthouse Board finally took action in 1914 and relocated the lighthouse 150 feet west of the original foundation. On March 31, 1919 Freeling Hewitt made the last of his 45 years of entries into the Keepers Log and retired.
- No Comments