Buffalo Main Lighthouse, New York
The new Buffalo Main Light was a 44 foot octagonal tower of hewn limestone. The new light was placed at the end of the newly built pier 1000 feet from the original lighthouse site. The light was provided by 15 oil lamps with parabolic reflectors. Originally the lamps used a green lens but upon inspection these were removed since they diminished the lights intensity.
- No Comments