Buffalo Main Lighthouse, New York
During the 1950’s the old tower was used by the Coast Guard to store explosives. In 1958 the Coast Guard announced plans to demolish the Main Light tower as part of a project to widen the harbor. Public protest sparked a movement to save the tower and in the 1960’s a restoration effort began.
- No Comments